POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin configure error : Re: Cygwin configure error Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin configure error
From: Zan Trajkov
Date: 13 Sep 2004 10:52:42
Message: <4145b43a@news.povray.org>
>> With the default installation of cygwin there was no C99 compatibility
(compiling failed due missing
>> vsnprintf()? function)
>
>	POV-Ray's configure didn't complain it cannot find vsnprintf() ?
>Normally it should.

It did complain. The checking for this function has failed... Sorry, i
express myself wrong.

>> 1st try failed because the source files were in a directory with spaces
>> 	C:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\cygwin\povray-3.6.1
>
>	Yes, that's an usual Cygwin problem.  My testing environment was
>also including paths with spaces to try to cope with this as much as
>possible, but apparently I still missed some cases.
>	Could you send me the various config.log files you obtained in
>this situation ?

The resulting config.log file was sent to your email address

>> The same applies with megapov 1.1 sources.
>
>	That's expected  :-)
>
>> (there was some difficulties with the path to the .ini files).
>
>	Please describe this problem.

After "make install" i tried to render some scenes with default command
line parameter:
	Example: POVRAY +Iscene.pov +Oscene.tga +FT +W160 +H200 +V -D +X

The default povray.ini in $HOME/.povray/3.6 wasn't used -> p.ex.
colors.inc not found

With following command line the render was successful (for Megapov 1.1,
the same with vanilla povay 3.6.1):

$ MEGAPOV $HOME/.povray/povray.ini +Ibear.pov +Otest.tga +FT +W640 +H480
+V -D
+X +L/usr/local/share/megapov-1.1\include

I think, this was a problem of my fresh cygwin installation and not of
povray itself.
Or is this a problem of "make install"?

Zan