POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Asteroid City 2 : Re: Asteroid City 2 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Asteroid City 2
From: Slime
Date: 10 Sep 2004 15:46:56
Message: <414204b0$1@news.povray.org>
> Yeah, throw a radiosity block into your global settings and tweak it from
> there.  Should come out pretty well.

Radiosity is a possibility but not even really necessary; I'd decrease the
ambient light significantly (it's space after all), maybe move the primary
light source to illuminate more, and add a dim shadowless light somewhere to
get some shading in the unlit areas.

Of course, on top of that, everything could use better textures, but I'm
assuming that hasn't really been worked on yet.

The stars could be improved also; they look kind of stretched and stuff.
More like whitish blobs than bright distant objects.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]