POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Image Submission Reality Check : Re: Image Submission Reality Check Server Time
6 May 2024 04:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Submission Reality Check
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 Sep 2004 11:57:17
Message: <4141cedd@news.povray.org>

news:4141c099$1@news.povray.org...

> I did a quick preview of my scene (no media, no antialiasing) and it
appears
> that bigger image takes more time. Is that true or it it just me??

Without aa, the tracing time should be strictly proportional to the rendered
surface, i.e. tracing a 6400*4800 image takes 8x8=64 times longer than the
800*600 version.

However, it may happen that the bigger image requires more memory than the
available RAM, in which case the system starts using the swap file, slowing
down the render. Another possibility is that, since the overall render time
is longer, another program or scheduled service such as an antivirus may
start during the render...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com