POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Duel-Background (IRTC-WIP) : Re: Duel-Background (IRTC-WIP) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:09:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Duel-Background (IRTC-WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Sep 2004 17:43:51
Message: <4140ce97@news.povray.org>
> Looks really great Tim! I love the landscape and
> am looking forward to seeing some clouds.

Thanks! I hope I succeed in creating some decent, fast rendering clouds
which won't make problems when compressing them for the animation. Much like
the crackle texture is only for close-ups, I want to try to avoid common
aliasing pitfalls with too detailed and swirly clouds...

>Sounds like a good idea to focus on the animation.

I hope that it will also prove to be a good choice. Normally, I spend a lot
of time on details, but given the deadline and the task of creating a
worthwhile animation, I'd rather have some nice but simplistic planes which
move with grace instead of highly detailed, awesome looking ones which do a
clumsy job of avoiding each other... ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"