POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Duel-Background (IRTC-WIP) : Re: Duel-Background (IRTC-WIP) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:11:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Duel-Background (IRTC-WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Sep 2004 17:17:39
Message: <4140c873@news.povray.org>
> I love this image. The kind of image I'd gladly use as wallpaper for
months.

Thanks for the praise! :-)

> I'm looking forward to your final image, but I'd like to know more about
the
> material/textures for the objects you put there.

There probably won't be much of a final image. The scenery you see in the
image will be used as the background for the animation of a dog-fight
between two planes, as mentioned in my original post. But once the clouds
are added and the last details are included, I might make the scene
available for others to use, although probably after I've submitted the
animation.

As for the materials, they're rather straightforward and simple, I'll just
post'em here:

#declare Metal=texture{
pigment{rgb .15}
finish{
specular .6 roughness .01
brilliance 6
reflection{.5,1 falloff 2}
}}

#declare Glass=material{
interior{ior 1.45
fade_power 2 fade_distance 1}
texture{
pigment{rgbt 1}
finish{specular 1 roughness .001 brilliance 4 reflection{0,1 fresnel}}
}}

Regards,
Tim

--