POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Islands : Re: Islands Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:10:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Islands
From: Maurice
Date: 9 Sep 2004 10:15:36
Message: <41406588$1@news.povray.org>
Maurice wrote:
> My latest render.
> Comments please.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have to acknowledge that the length of the trunk is a bit short. I'll
try to get that improved. The four islands are essentially the same tree
on the same cloud drifting in the sky. Translation and rotation do the
trick.
Anyway, it took a long time to get it just right. Initially, all the
leaves  had the same color (this appeared to be due to shadows) and
there were dark streaks on the clouds. Rendering took forever. Last
night I moved the sun a bit more downwards. That reduced the rendering
time to just over 4 hours and improved the general quality of the
picture. When I get a satisfactory scene I'll turn on +A0.3 and make a
desktop sized image.