POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : columned hall w/ crystal sphere : Re: columned hall w/ crystal sphere Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: columned hall w/ crystal sphere
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Sep 2004 16:46:20
Message: <413b7b1c@news.povray.org>
First of all: It would be more polite to say "I'd like some feedback"
instead of "I want some feedback". No demands here, please. :-)

Regarding the image itself: the textures, aside the crystal sphere, a really
flat. If the columns should be made of marble or such, I'd suggest some
specular in the finish, and perhaps some reflection, this also applies to
the floor, which is *really* grainy. Either you're using a very small scaled
texture, or the light has some issues, maybe coincident surfaces or such?

A nice beginners image, but normally, a first image on the newsgroups is a
RSOCP-Variant: "Reflective Sphere on Checkered Plane". You'll find hundreds,
if not thousands variations on that on the newsgroups. Once that "test" is
passed, you're free to post. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--