POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : U.S. Brig Nigara WIP -- Rope & Rigging : Re: U.S. Brig Nigara WIP -- Rope & Rigging Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: U.S. Brig Nigara WIP -- Rope & Rigging
From: Abe
Date: 4 Sep 2004 23:59:18
Message: <413a8f16@news.povray.org>
> 1. I can correct how the ropes are laid. Which is correct? Right hand or
> left?

I'd guess right, although I'm no nautical historian. Something google
came up with:
http://home.att.net/~ShipModelFAQ/ResearchNotes/smf-RN-Shrouds.html
(though maybe not directly applicable to the question at hand)

> 2. If I understand correctly, the strap running around each block should
> have a loop in it and the running rigging should then go through & then
> loop back on its self.

Sounds right. I took a peak at Ashley's book and it shows rigging a
block something like the attached illustration.

Abe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'block.jpg' (12 KB)