POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post : Re: First post Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 2 Sep 2004 10:26:15
Message: <41372d87$1@news.povray.org>
> Do you like it better like this?

Yes, I definitely think this is an enhancement! Perhaps the cloth could use
a tad of specularity as well; I mean a broad, dim highlight. This can
probably be achieved with the specular & roughness keywords only ... true
reflections (and in addition: blurry reflections) would slow down the
rendering by too much, considering what you get in return.

> Unfortunately I was not able to achieve the right effect
> without a light_source so I added one additionally to the
> ambient cylinder

I'm not surprised. This is hard to do with radiosity alone, because the
direct-light is being emitted from a very small area. So it's a good idea to
use traditional light_sources as well. Even the professionals do this, all
the time.  :-)

Regards,
Hugo