POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post : Re: First post Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 1 Sep 2004 15:46:29
Message: <41362715@news.povray.org>
Sure I like it! And welcome to the group.  :-)

I must say, this image is good enough already and easily qualifies as a
first post. But to give a few suggestions, since I'm writing anyway: I think
the image would benefit from stronger colours (mainly on the balls) and
reflections with better proportion between specular highlight and indirect
light. To achieve this, you could raise the ambience of the neon-light
cylinders (there is no need to mess with the level of reflection on the
ball - material), assuming the entire room isn't lit by radiosity... If the
entire room is lit by radiosity, you should lower the radiosity-brightness
value, in addition to raising the ambience of the light-cylinders...

Good luck,
Regards,
Hugo