POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : metal thing : Re: metal thing.. once more Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: metal thing.. once more
From: Slime
Date: 29 Aug 2004 15:04:53
Message: <413228d5@news.povray.org>
> I tuned my compression settings a little and attached the result...
> looks a little better to me.

Looks a ton better. And according to my newsreader it's actually smaller.

Those artifacts in the first image didn't really look like jpeg artifacts to
me. It looked like rows or columns of pixels were missing or doubled, making
it blocky (and not those 8x8 blocks that jpeg makes, i mean on a smaller
level). I would think if it were jpeg that was the problem then the sharp
lines would have "bled" more.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]