POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chess on a torus - attempt 1 : Re: chess on a torus - attempt 1 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chess on a torus - attempt 1
From: Hughes, B
Date: 29 Aug 2004 00:20:06
Message: <41315976$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg Malivuk" <gma### [at] umichedu> wrote in message
> mapping a checkered bitmap onto the torus.  What I want to be able to do
> is
> map an entirely different texture onto white squares than onto black
> squares.

uv_mapping, or warp, of a texture checker pattern...

torus { 1, 0.5
    texture {
     uv_mapping  // or use warp{} below, not both
      checker
      texture {
       pigment {
        granite
        color_map {
         [0 color rgb <1,0,0>]
         [1 color rgb <1,1,0>]
        }
       }
      }
      ,
      texture {
       pigment {
        bozo turbulence 0.5
        color_map {
         [0 color rgb <0,1,1>]
         [1 color rgb <0,0,1>]
        }
       }
      }
      scale <0.025,0.075,0.075>*2
     // warp {toroidal orientation y major_radius 1}
     }
}