POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : starglobe : Re: starglobe Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: starglobe
From: Rarius
Date: 26 Aug 2004 20:17:33
Message: <412e7d9d@news.povray.org>
> I want to model a starglobe. Can somebody help me with a starmap like
> the attachment?
>
> Thanks and greetings...
> Wijnand Nijs

Try using my starmap include file... I hav attached it to this post... If
the attachement hasn't survived, you can download it from
http://www.rarius.co.uk/starmap.inc

There is an example made with it on the illustration page of my website
http://www.rarius.co.uk/

All you need to do is define a macro and then include the file...

#macro Star(vPosition, fMag)
    sphere
    {
        vPosition
        6-fMag
     }
#end

#include "starmap.inc"

The vPosition parameter is the star's position at a unit distance from the
origin.
The fMag is the star's magnitude. It ranges from -1.1 to about 6

You can of course make the macro more complex... there is an example at the
top of the incude file itself...

The include file calls the Star() macro 9000+ times. Once for each star.

I compiled the include file using a simple VB program from the Bright Star
Catalogue, so it has every naked eye star on it.

Rarius

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'starmap.inc.txt' (387 KB)