POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Views : Re: Detail Views Server Time
3 May 2024 02:59:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail Views
From: Slime
Date: 26 Aug 2004 13:23:24
Message: <412e1c8c@news.povray.org>
> "The image submitted has to be at least 1280 pixels wide or 960 pixels
high,
> and containing at least 1,228,800 pixels in total"

I'm not looking forward to viewing these submissions.

For one thing, I'm glad that I'll be at school when I do, because
downloading a large number of 1280x960 images on a 56k modem would not be
fun.

But aside from that, my monitor is 1280x1024, and I won't be able to see a
single image all at once. I'll have to scroll to see every single one of
them. I might be able to alleviate this problem by viewing in IE's full
screen mode, but I'm glad my monitor isn't 1024x768.

Are there plans to show sized-down images (perhaps 800x600, or maybe half
the rendered image's original resolution) on the website?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]