POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : starglobe : Re: starglobe Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: starglobe
From: andrel
Date: 27 Aug 2004 06:02:26
Message: <412F0633.2050802@hotmail.com>
Wijnand Nijs wrote:

>> Verry good idea, I wil try is for sure. Thanks.
>>
>> Wijnand
>

> Is there a way to project that kind of maps (see attachment) on a on a
> sphere?
>
> Wijnand
If you use a triangular mesh or a set of bicubic patches as an approximation
of a sphere you can use UV mapping.

It might also be possible to use straight 'bitmap's, possibly with a
'map_type' option. Perhaps only after distorting the image (and perhaps
the program can output another projections). (No time now to
check this ATM).