POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Edge proximity mapping (edger.pov) : Edge proximity mapping (edger.pov) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Edge proximity mapping (edger.pov)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Aug 2004 23:54:46
Message: <412ABBAD.8090004@hotmail.com>
Here's the code that finds edges. Its goal is to produce a good
approximation of absolute edge proximity. That is, when given a range
value, it will produce an approximate map starting at the object's
edges, proceeding toward the more flat and uneventful areas. It discerns
whether or not an edge is an 'inside edge' or whether it is an outside
one. It can be accessed as a map (eg. texture_map).

I added some comments within the code; I hope they help.

-Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)