POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New Radiosity-Sample-Set : Re: New Radiosity-Sample-Set Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:40:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Radiosity-Sample-Set
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 22 Aug 2004 13:27:32
Message: <4128d784@news.povray.org>
"Eli" <eli### [at] jehoelnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> The Cornell box is a good test scene.
I will first finish the renderings based on my current indoor-scene
because i've already rendered a few images and hours.

> I think a sample set should work at low sample counts.
What do you mean? I don't understand.
If you refer to my last sentence in the last post, i wanted
to say that especially at low sample-numbers it is hard to
detect a pattern in the golden-ratio approach so i think it's
quite good at low sample-values

> Maybe jittering the set in order to get rid of the visible patterns should
> help.
That's a good idea which i'm already trying at the moment. Perhaps this
is the most flexible solution. Combining the good distribution of the
goldenratio-method with the natural artifact-avoiding look of random
placement of samples.

Greetings,
Thies