POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worn wood block (119kb jpeg) : Re: Worn wood block (119kb jpeg) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worn wood block (119kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 21 Aug 2004 16:35:56
Message: <4127B209.4020105@hotmail.com>
Skip Talbot wrote:

> Brilliant!

Thanks!

> After consulting the docs and rereading your post a few times...
> I think I can grasp the concepts here.  Please do elaborate for us or post
> the source.

I think a source posting is in order here.... I need to make a simpler
example that will work as a spring board for ideas.

> The object pigment is being distorted and blurred and then
> applied to the original shape to produce the affect right?

The object pattern is blurred by averaging it with a pigment_map. Each
copy of the pigment is translated randomly. No distortion is performed,
but can be if needed. The resulting 3d texture can then be placed inside
a pigment_pattern{} block whenever I need it (typically pigment, normal
and texture staments).

 > Its not the height_field input itself being blurred and translated.

Nope.

> This should work on
> meshes too, as long as they are solid/closed, right?
>
> Skip

It works with *any* object you can declare.

-Sam