POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New Radiosity-Sample-Set : Re: New Radiosity-Sample-Set Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Radiosity-Sample-Set
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 21 Aug 2004 11:55:33
Message: <41277075$1@news.povray.org>
"Eli" <eli### [at] jehoelnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I actually tried this golden ratio approach two years ago iirc and our
brain
> is very good at detecting patterns and regular artifacts, so unfortunately
> it doesn't work so good for low sample amounts. But for very high sample
> counts I think it's ok though.

Perhaps you and christoph are right about the regular-pattern-thing. The
reason why i'm so sceptical until now is, that i haven't seen a scene yet
where my approach looks worse than the internal sampleset. Although the
reason for that could be that my scenes don't show that artifacts off
good enough (i think the indoor-scene will give more possibilities to
compare). But i must say that especially at low count-values i found the
golden-ratio approach not looking very regular.

Greetings,
Thies