POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no smooth edges even with Antialiasing : Re: no smooth edges even with Antialiasing Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no smooth edges even with Antialiasing
From: Slime
Date: 20 Aug 2004 15:28:32
Message: <412650e0@news.povray.org>
> The background shouldn't be the reason. It's a high contrast, but there
are
> too much stairs at the _edges_.

I'd still like to see the background code (for the white background) as I
have a suspicion about it that could be causing the problem. It may be fine
but I'd just like to see.

The ones on the brown background look perfectly correct to me, so I'm not
exactly sure what your complaint is on those. You could try turning on
jittering (+J I think) which might help. You could also try AA method 2
(+AM2) or, again, higher sampling count on the AA'ed pixels (+R4 or even
+R5).

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]