POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no smooth edges even with Antialiasing : Re: no smooth edges even with Antialiasing Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no smooth edges even with Antialiasing
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 20 Aug 2004 04:40:28
Message: <4125b8fc@news.povray.org>
D. H. Berlin wrote:
> At@ Severi Salminen <sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi> wrote:
>

>>Try "+a0.0 +am2 +r4" and see what happens.
>

> It's only _very sligthly_ better. And it slows down rendering more than
> factor 100.

Looking at your second pictures I'd try to make the red strips  a bit
wider. Now it seems that because the final resolution is so low the
strips get so small that jagginess cannot be avoided. Do the pens look
ok if you render them 10x as big?

And you can try to find the optimal solution by not using +am2, using
larger +rX and larger +aY than 0.0. I suggested it just to see what is
causing the problem here - +a0.0 sure makes it slooooooooooowwwwww.... ;)