POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no smooth edges even with Antialiasing : Re: no smooth edges even with Antialiasing Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no smooth edges even with Antialiasing
From: Slime
Date: 20 Aug 2004 02:43:16
Message: <41259d84$1@news.povray.org>
> I do attach a small picture which shows what I mean.
> The edges are really bad at the pen's main part. (On the right in the
> picture:)

It looks about right to me. Because of your texture_map, not all of the side
of the pencil is fully red, but the "corners" of the side *are* fully red
because they're farther out (beyond the 0.94 area). Since the "corners" are
at the top and bottom of the pencil in the image, the bright redness may be
the reason you're not happy with the result.

What quality of AA'ing are you using? (What are your command line settings?)
You could up the sample count of AA'ed pixels with +R4 to see if that helps.

Finally, what's the source code for the plane or background beneath the
objects?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]