POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : WANTED: Brave POVers for MegaPOV Windows tests : Re: WANTED: Brave POVers for MegaPOV Windows tests Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WANTED: Brave POVers for MegaPOV Windows tests
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Aug 2004 10:37:06
Message: <4124bb12@news.povray.org>
In article <fi99i0hmru89mfp1esheibkvuvqufpvmj4@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

>> If there any reason why you cannot use the free Visual Studio command-line
>> tools?
>
> In short, NT4 is not supported, and my new machine has unfortunatelly the same
> OS like old one :-(

So they don't support something like a seven year old system?  Hmm, you
should not buy a Macintosh then, Apple has started to discontinue support
for anything but the latest system version when they introduced Mac OS X
10.1 <sigh>

Anyway, eventually you will need to get a more recent version of Windows, I
doubt M$ will improve support for NT 4.0 in the future ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde