POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.1 beta : Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 18 Aug 2004 08:06:50
Message: <4123465a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
First of all, the new features are really nice!
Thanks to the MegaPOV-Team for this release.

Especially the easy interface of the custom-radiosity-samples-patch gave me
an impulse to play around with candidates with good cos-theta-distributions.
At the moment i'm making test-renderings to compare them with the internal
sample-set. I think they are promising and i will make them available on a
webpage soon to get feedback from you.

Additionally, i have two questions:
POV-Ray creates a 'memory.log'-file when i render an image, which grows
quite rapidly and contains many lines like:
 File:source/blob.cpp  Line:2212  Size:4
 File:source/blob.cpp  Line:3445  Size:64
 File:source/blob.cpp  Line:2212  Size:4
 File:source/blob.cpp  Line:2273  Size:4
Are these memory-leaks, or just some kind of 'routine' logging?
And, the documentation (2.7.2.2.2.) says:
'A number of sample direction sets is coming with MegaPOV as include files.'
I'm just curious if they aren't ready yet in the beta or if they were
forgotten?

Greetings,
Thies Heidecke