POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Interesting hardware to run Povray : Re: Interesting hardware to run Povray Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting hardware to run Povray
From: destroyedlolo
Date: 17 Aug 2004 18:20:37
Message: <4122923C.8030001@yahoo.com>
Ron Olson wrote:
> Granted it's not practical to run POV on a PS2, but I wanted to see how
> long it took, like running the benchmark on a DEC MicroVax running
> NetBSD just for yucks.

Haaaa, I like this way of thinking ;-D

 > Whereas the bulk of POV users are probably
> 386-based Linux or Windows, with some Mac folks (of whom I'm one), it's
> interesting to see people using it in any capacity on different
> hardware. In other words, instead of "where do you use POV? Space,
> Antartica, etc.", it's "What do you use?"

So, I use perhasp the slowest "things" there.

* At home, I work on a Sun Ultra 5 @270 (and it's not not the fatest
UltraSparc model :-(  ) under Solaris 8. I use it also as my main
machine (Surfing, PHP, C++, ...).

* I also use an old SunServer5 @ 110 Mhz under NetBSD 1.6 : it houses my
own webserver and I use it's free CPU time to render long scenes (as it
runs 24/7)

* At work, I have installed povray on a old HP-712 @ 80 Mhz under HP-UX
10.20 : not so bad machine.

Bye