POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media based cloud testing - thunderhead : Re: Media based cloud testing - thunderhead Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media based cloud testing - thunderhead
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 14 Aug 2004 09:11:51
Message: <411e0f97@news.povray.org>
Reactor wrote:

> I abandoned the blob pattern and function{ } based thunderhead approach for
> a slightly more cumbersome but faster rendering one.  I am not completely
> satisfied with it yet, but with a full scene and other clouds I think it
> would do pretty well.

Not bad IMO.

BTW, I was doing some experiments with your posted media based clouds and
found that very nice clouds can also be made with scattering only, i.e.
without emission and absorption. Seems to me to be nearer to the "physical
reality"...

I could post the reworked SDL code, if somebody is interested.

Wolfgang