POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Discontinuous functions? : Discontinuous functions? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Discontinuous functions?
From: Yadgar
Date: 14 Aug 2004 07:19:55
Message: <411df55b$1@news.povray.org>
High!

I'm not really sure whether I'm on-topic here or not... but as this
group also deals with programming techniques, I just assumed...

My question: does PoV-Ray allow programming of "discontinuous" functions
(I only dabble in math, so please don't stone me if this is not the
correct terminus!)?

Is it possible to write a function which changes apruptly at certain
values, such as

from x=0 to x=1.5: pow(x, 2)
from x=1.5 to x=7: sqrt(14-x)+3
etc. etc. ?

See you in Khyberspace -
http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/

Yadgar

Now playing: Deimos and Phobos go to Mars (Synergy)