POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CD Cover Art : Re: CD Cover Art Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD Cover Art
From: Veijo Vilva
Date: 12 Aug 2004 12:05:54
Message: <411b9562@news.povray.org>
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words.

About the sky: this sky has become one of my hallmarks. It looks real
enough and unreal enough for my purposes at any resolution and doesn't
slow things down when I'm doing my typical final renders at 7620x5080.
It is just a background which is supposed to be nondescript and not to
interfere with anything. One may say this sky is bland but one cannot
say it is really unnatural, I've seen skies very much like that and I
suppose so has everyone else--ignoring the blue which remains constant
from the horizon to the zenith, but this isn't reality, after all, just
a figment of my imagination. In the long run, I might do something about
it, but now I feel I've got much more important things to worry about.

   Veijo