POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Horsie : Re: Bad Horsie Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Horsie
From: Alain
Date: 9 Aug 2004 17:50:28
Message: <4117f1a4$1@news.povray.org>
andrel nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 08/08/2004 19:18... :

> I am somewhat surprised by the texture of the top of the
> rook, I expected here the metalic finish.

You see the same texture on the top of the knight (maybe a reflection),
the rims around the pawn, and the bases of the pieces, don't look like
reflections. Could be a slope_map with that texture for horizontal parts.
There is some untidy facing on the pawn's head, maybe an option to chop
off that part and replace it by a sphere.

Alain