POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP !!!! (Wings3D) : Re: HELP !!!! (Wings3D) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP !!!! (Wings3D)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 9 Aug 2004 15:55:50
Message: <4117d6c6$1@news.povray.org>
I think the "problem" is that Wings3D do not support welding any kind of
vertices, because of it's "winged edges" structure. Please don't ask me
about the details, but the author of Wings3D says it's easier to code that
way, and from a user perspective I think it's also helpful because you won't
easily end up with a degenerate mesh. It sort of prevents you from doing
that (not that degenerate meshes is a problem in all applications)... Well,
I don't think it's necessary to change the "weld" command because we have
the "bridge" command that will join faces as needed... So far I've made
about 50 different meshes with Wings3D and nothing seems impossible with the
already supported set of features. (I would like a CSG / boolean feature, it
would ease some tasks, but that's another story).

Regards,
Hugo