POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Horsie : Re: Bad Horsie Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Horsie
From: andrel
Date: 8 Aug 2004 19:20:37
Message: <4116b545$1@news.povray.org>
oskar bertrand wrote:

> Does the knight look more like a whitetail doe, or a shiny dog?
I do not recall does or dogs being part of a chess game, so I
think it is clear from the context. In fact all pieces have more
or less a rotation symmetry except for the knight. So in practice
the most asymmetric piece is recognized as the knight. If it looks
vaguely animalistic that is a bonus.

Is this the white or the black set of pieces?
And what would the other look like?

I am somewhat surprised by the texture of the top of the
rook, I expected here the metalic finish.