POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AWC WIP [~90K jpg] : Re: AWC WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AWC WIP
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 8 Aug 2004 11:22:29
Message: <41164535$1@news.povray.org>
> Now I've managed to see the artifacting again
> so I attached another image.

That's strange. Never seen anything quite like it. Reminds me a little of
two coinciding surfaces, both located between the light_source and the
building, resulting in strange shadows.. Or the recent blob & torus accuracy
problem which is obviously not the case here.. So I don't know what it is.

> This happened after adding back in 'exponent' to every
> reflection statement, all but the brick has at least some reflection.

Strange.

> I better speak up about the reflection_exponent no longer
> being used, it's only 'exponent' now in 3.6

Oh, thanks for the info. I hadn't noticed, and I must confess that I haven't
even started using 3.6 yet... MegaPOV is my preferred choice.

Regards,
Hugo