POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert hi-res (final?) : Re: Desert hi-res (final?) - improved! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert hi-res (final?) - improved!
From: emkaah
Date: 7 Aug 2004 12:47:12
Message: <41150790$1@news.povray.org>
That's better then his firm look he had before.

Although the professional renderers like Maya and others, can do now
foto-realistic faces on the part of skin texture, hair, etc, it seems
they still have trouble with the eyes. The eyes on such a raytraced
model immediately betrays that it's not real. The SFX guys of the matrix
2, must have been happy that all those Mr.Smiths were wearing
sunglasses, even in the rain. Anyway, what I want to say is that eyes
are very important. You can make the guy more dead or alive by just
tweaking the eye-color.

Back to your picture, I think the irises could still be lighter, over-do
it a little, if you think this is just a little to light, then it's
probably good. Look at it the next day and you'll see (at least that's
my experience with 'micro-tweaking').
Also the guys kidney and lever functions are probably out, so the white
of his eyes should probably look more yellow (like the sand surrounding
him).

Hope this is helpful.

-Em