POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My desert WIP Take 2 [~88kB] : Re: My desert WIP Take 2 [~88kB] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My desert WIP Take 2 [~88kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Aug 2004 03:44:41
Message: <41148869$1@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> schreef in bericht
> Looking better Thomas!  I love how the horizon is visible now.  I'd
strongly
> urge you to use radiosity.  Deserts do have harsh lighting but I think if
> you let all the shadow fall to black its going to look like a moonscape,
and
> any sort of ambient_light in my opinion does not look realistic and washes
> out the image.  You can use radiosity but still keep the lighting harsh.
> Just don't let the sky do much coloring and keep the assumed gamma up.
The
> rocky terrain in your picture has a lot of nooks and crannies that rad
> lighting would benefit from.  Unless you are going to try multiple
> shadowless sources?

Yes, I think you are right, I shall hav a try at radiosity in any case and
judge the result.
Multiple shadowless sources is another option I used for testing, but in the
end I would prefer radiosity.

Thanks for the comments!! Very useful.

Thomas