POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Bathroom : Re: The Bathroom Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Bathroom
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 7 Aug 2004 02:40:33
Message: <41147961$1@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:

> Oh. I see now. So it is 1600x1200 res. My mistake for leaving it in the web
> browser with a left pane open and a large toolbar both to obscure the view.
> Nice wallpaper!

> I wonder if you could light_group that glass then and that way get it
> looking better. Might be too tricky getting anything good enough to bother
> with, it just stuck out at me as being without a sparkle of light on, in or
> around it someplace. The faucets are real fine, as is the general realism of
> the scene.

Thanks. That's a good idea. Actually I'm thinking of rerendering it with
the lights off completely and cranking up the radiosity recursion depth
to make up for it. But that will have to wait a bit. I'm putting this
image on the back burner for a while. I've thought of a series of other
images I want to work on first.

>>You can't see it but two of the lines of text on the bottles read:
>>
>>"Guaranteed to add specular highlights to your hair!"
>>
>>"For Raytraced Hair"
>
> Dang it, my hair isn't raytraced! CG people get all the good stuff.

I always though CG people got all the good stuff in the body department,
especially the women, but got shortchanged when it came to hair;)