POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Bathroom : Re: The Bathroom Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Bathroom
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 6 Aug 2004 20:25:18
Message: <4114216e$1@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:

> Great work on that.

Thanks:)

> Unfortunately, I can't fit the whole image on this
> 1600x1200 display. The smaller image was fine anyhow.

How come?

> Could use caustics or photons for the glass of water.

Yes I know the glass is just crying out for caustics but strangely
enough when I enabled them the caustics appeared just as a thin strip on
the inside of the glass. It seems the angle of the lighting is just so
that the caustics aren't projected onto the counter top. So I decided to
forgo them, you would hardly have noticed them as they were.

> Also, looks like AA is
> having trouble with very thin lines on the shower door that might not be
> fixable without actually widening them or getting the color differences
> closer.

Yes I noticed that.

> I'm also thinking the lighting of the window and sink are good but the room
> is probably much darker than should be since the mirror light is also on.

In fact this is intensional. It may not be 100% realistic but it brings
out the sun on the counter top.

> And while I'm criticizing... the towel has a thinness I wouldn't expect of a
> bathroom towel, but I suppose that's something in need of mesh hair, fur,
> grass, etc. to try and thicken it.

Yes I noticed this too. But that I'm unlikely to change:)

> I could use more shampoo or mouthwash so, if that's what is POV logo'd
> there, could you lend me some?
> :-D

You can't see it but two of the lines of text on the bottles read:

"Guaranteed to add specular highlights to your hair!"

And

"For Raytraced Hair"