POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert hi-res (final?) : Re: Desert hi-res (final?) - improved! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert hi-res (final?) - improved!
From: Tek
Date: 6 Aug 2004 00:14:04
Message: <4113058c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm impressed you noticed this problem. You see, there's a fundamental
contradiction that faced me when making this image: I want him to be very close
to death (for the drama of the scene) but I also want him to look as realistic
as I can make him. And the trouble is people when they're about to die of
exposure in the desert don't look much like real people! Plus if he was paler
his colours would start to look too close to the sand colour and that would
unbalance the scene.

So, I compromised by making him look fairly normal but a bit sunburnt. It's
something of a cop-out but I didn't think anyone would notice! Well done for
spotting it.

Unfortunately this image is now definitely finished, because I'm getting started
on a povcomp entry which will eat up all my free time. I really want that PC!

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com