POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange behaviour of Mesh2 and CSG : Re: Strange behaviour of Mesh2 and CSG Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange behaviour of Mesh2 and CSG
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 4 Aug 2004 14:37:42
Message: <41112C5B.7030902@hotmail.com>
Zarniwoop wrote:

> Is this a knwon bug of povray or am I just doing forbidden things, meaning
> that CSG with mesh2 is not allowed (I did not find anything about this in
> the manual). Is there another method of doing this (especially "solid" CSG
> opposed to the "hollow" CSG of Fig 1)?
>
> Florian

Are you trying this with surface subdivision? That mesh object looks
*very* familiar :) If you are trying it with SS, you might want to take
the SS block out of the mesh2 statement and see if you still get strange
results.

The only mesh-csg I've tried so far has been with height_fields (which
work very well in csg operations).

-Sam