POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Desert WIP (~114kB) : Re: My Desert WIP (~114kB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:08:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Desert WIP (~114kB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Aug 2004 03:49:33
Message: <4110950d@news.povray.org>
"Yadgar" <yaz### [at] gmxde> schreef in bericht
> High!
>
> I think the sand looks too grainy... as if you used crand! And somehow I
> remember saguaro cacti being somewhat greener... the rocks are quite
> good! Wish I had already achieved that masterly control over
> isosurfaces... instead, I'm still at the very beginning with them! It's
> really time for me to work through Christoph's German isosurface
> tutorial published in c't 20/2003...

Thanks!!
No AA was used in this render. With AA the scene becomes much smoother of
course.
The saguaro still need some attention indeed.
You know, it is mostly trial and error to get this, and trying different
types of functions and their combination. But the tutorials help, yes,
Christoph's, and Mike Williams' too.

> By the way, those Taschen 3D objects collections are really interesting!
> About two months ago, I saw them in a local arts bookshop, and almost
> bought at least the first volume... but first I need a larger harddisk
> and a DVD writer (also for my ever-growing archive of postings and
> pictures from THIS very group!), so I had to refrain...

The advantage is that you don't have to create everything from scratch. Some
are quite detailed, a few have errors, but overall, I am quite satisfied
with them. You still can buy the collections, even with little harddisk
space. Just use the included CD's when you need them.

Thomas