POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Welcome Center WIP [~90K jpg] : Re: Welcome Center photo [~147K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome Center photo [~147K jpg]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 1 Aug 2004 20:28:18
Message: <410d8aa2$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message

> What is extremely fascinating, is the way your mind 'remembered' the
> building. For instance, the focus on the marble slabs, was interpreted
very
> differently from reality, leading, in the end, to a clearly different
> building: the "mind's building" vs. the "real building". This leads to
very
> interesting concepts about the creation of "worlds" I would say (not even
> speaking about the reliability of witnesses!!).

And I keep thinking I can recall details of anything fairly well as long as
it's visual imagery and not words. Guess it's better than having put a
second floor atop the first by mistake! But your right, with such diversity
occuring, while attempting mimicry, perhaps originality in architecture (or
whatever else) comes from a diffusion of real-world input. Just that the
output can be most anything, only rearranged.

> I am not sure which building I prefer... The "mind's building" could lead
> very interesting new vistas...

Would certainly have been easier not to try and duplicate it.

Bob H.