POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to fill them up : Re: How to fill them up Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to fill them up
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 1 Aug 2004 12:38:32
Message: <410d1c88$1@news.povray.org>
KalleK wrote:
> Hi!
>
> These are two lathe-glasses with colored media in the upper part (and some
> media in the lower part...).
>
> My problem is, how to fill in some water (or something else).
>
> I know, how to make the water the size it would perfectly fit in, but then
> you got the "coincident surfaces problem"...

Well, obviously you just have to alter the points a little - either
manually or automagically. If you have the glass points in an array, you
can easily multiple every x-coordinate by some value (<1) or subtract a
small value to keep the gap constant.

Or if you want a bit larger liquid you multiply with a value (>1) or add
something.

I think the adding/subtracting is a better way actually because of the gap.

I don't know whether the liquid should be larger or smaller than the
container. So I would also like to know what is the most accurate way to
model that. Also, should there be specular reflections where the glass
and liquid meet?

Severi S.