POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fast and easy clouds (3 images) : Re: fast and easy clouds (3 images) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fast and easy clouds (3 images)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 31 Jul 2004 23:18:38
Message: <410c610e$1@news.povray.org>
"Yadgar" <yaz### [at] gmxde> schreef in bericht
> Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>
> >rendertime: around 4 seconds each, on an Athlon XP 2500+ with 1GB
ddr-sdram,
> >under windows xp
> >

> Impressive... so they wouldn't take much longer than an hour on my
> ancient rattletrap under Windoze 98 ;-)!

it's just one sphere with only one texture, so it will probably not take any
longer than a few minutes :)

> Do they cast real shadows?

They do cast shadows, but they're not 100% accurate

> See you in Khyberspace -
> http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
> Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: Tubular Bells, Part 1 (Mike Oldfield)

nice one, although I like Tubular Bells II more :)

cu!
--
ZK AKA SaD
http://www.povplace.be.tf