POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Welcome Center WIP [~90K jpg] : Re: Welcome Center photo [~147K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome Center photo [~147K jpg]
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 31 Jul 2004 11:47:48
Message: <410bbf24@news.povray.org>
This helps very much to determine the accuracy of your model. You've
replicated the basic shape almost perfectly, but certain things need
adjusting. I'm sure you know what to do.

It's probably going to be difficult to achieve the same light, but worth a
try! There is a strong lightsource to the left and above (heavy street
light?) and the built-in lights create glows. I've noticed that such glows
are typical for night-shots. You practically always get them. The weather
doesn't have to be foggy for that.

I sort of prefer the white/grey look, rather than the strong blue/yellow on
your model. But I realise the colours on the photo may be off. You know it
better than me. Though I remember having read that humans don't see vivid
colours at night. Everything becomes more grey because of the way our eyes
compensate for the lower light, and below a certain threshold, the blue
color component becomes dominant.

I'm looking forward to your next post.

Regards,
Hugo