POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Office finished (191KB) : Re: Office finished (191KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Office finished (191KB)
From: Hughes, B
Date: 30 Jul 2004 15:55:42
Message: <410aa7be$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message
> Hughes, B. wrote:
>
> > Trying to think of what might could use a change... Those fluorescent
> > lights, possibly. I'd expect them to show the actual bulbs, with a
> > blue-green glow in the diffuser panels, since there's sunlight
illuminating
> > the picture. Also, the ceiling panels could be textured, as many usually
> > are.
>
>    Here in Valencia it's more typical to have panels like the ones you
> describe, which a have a sort of diffuser grid instead a flat plastic
> cover hiding the tubes. But of course the later was much easier to do...
> anyhow, you made me try the other kind:
>
>    http://www.ignorancia.org/images/personal/office-13.jpg
>
>    I tried also to decorate the ceiling panels, but radiosity didn't
> like it... all sort of artifacts appeared, so I left them untextured.
> I've also increased the sunlight intensity to please Christoph. :)

Hey now, that's so much better than seeing only blank light panels. Really
improves it.

What were your radiosity settings? Must be a way to clean up those walls.
Seems to me that recursion_limit shouldn't be too high. I like using 2 most
because of how 3 or more tends to react negatively in shadowed places. And
error_bound should be kept low (I like 0.2). Are you loading a saved
radiosity file with always_sample on to try and refine it?

Looking at POV's rad_def.inc file for an example, it has a small
pretrace_end for indoor high quality. All the choices have half of default
adc_bailout.

Bob H.