POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Welcome Center WIP [~90K jpg] : Welcome Center WIP [~90K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Welcome Center WIP [~90K jpg]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 30 Jul 2004 02:55:25
Message: <4109f0dd@news.povray.org>
Look familiar at all? That Alabama Welcome Center, again.

It has changed because of how I remembered it versus seeing it in person
again, taking some notes on measurements and structure this time. Yet, still
lost track of exactly how the front entrance part is made. Has a flat front
roofline, at least partially, with three marble panels embedded there.

The lighting isn't going together very well anymore. It has more lights than
the first version so those porch-like walkways aren't as sporadically lit
now. Probably doesn't help that I added headlights from the freeway to shine
on the front. If I can use photons to hilight the walls better, I will, but
it might prove an ugly attempt. Already using fade_distance 2 fade_power 2
on those roof perimeter lights and everything is scaled as 1 unit =1 foot
(to keep it American).

Trees yet to be added.

Comments, good or bad, lots or none, are always welcome. ;-)

P.S. Thank you Zeger Knaepen, wherever you are! 'brick' wouldn't be bricks
without yours.

And thanks for looking all.
Bob H.

Post a reply to this message