POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Progressive refinement patch for POVRay-3.6 : Re: Progressive refinement patch for POVRay-3.6 Server Time
29 Jun 2024 00:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progressive refinement patch for POVRay-3.6
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 30 Jul 2004 02:41:46
Message: <4109eda9@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

> In article <410822fa@news.povray.org>, wwi### [at] nospamgmxde says...
>> Wolfgang Wieser wrote:
>> > If anybody is interested in having this patch work on his Windows or
>> > MAC computer [...] then please volunteer and contact me.
>> >
>> I forgot to mention that in case nobody speaks up, then there will be no
>> Windows and no Mac version.
>>
> Believe me, any patches that come around are likely to be wanted on all
> platforms. It is certainly something I might consider using and I am
> running Windows. I personally get real annoyed when something turned out
> to be useful, then I find out I can't even run it on my system. This
> looks to be a similar situation.

Good... :)

> I am not sure what you mean by
> 'volunteer' though, unless you mean testing and I don't use POV any where
> near enough to help with that. :(

'volunteer' means: to tell me that you want to implement the windows-
specific part of the patch.

This means
- implementing POV_DISPLAY_UPDATE_RECT(handle,x,y,w,h). [required]
  This should be fairly trivial.
- implementing some mouse handling to allow the user to manually "paint"
  regions of the image [recommended]
- sending the patch or a link to it to me so that I can put it on
  my homepage.

Wolfgang