POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chess board WIP (100k~) : Re: chess board WIP (100k~) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chess board WIP (100k~)
From: Reactor
Date: 28 Jul 2004 21:06:05
Message: <41084d7d$1@news.povray.org>
"bob" <bob### [at] spamearthlinknet> wrote in message
news:u6s### [at] philliplocalnet...

> Thanks, I already am using emmission media, but I couldn't get it too
> visible without making the pieces farily opaque, but I'm still working
> (this is the first time I have used media) Thanks for your suggestions :D

When using emission media, the objects should be transparent or translucent
and hollow.
From your remarks it sounded like your success had been limited.  If you
would post a code snipet, I might be able to advise you better, but "better"
largely depends on what sort of look you want to achieve.  I had meant using
media to represent the object by itself, and not have a visible "shell" at
all...

                     Reactor