POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien architecture (99k jpeg) : Re: Alien architecture (99k jpeg) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien architecture (99k jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 28 Jul 2004 11:08:10
Message: <4107C0E4.1000703@hotmail.com>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> When do we get a real 3d screen ?? :-)

They have three-dee screens now... I'm sure you've seen them. I think
it's just that old Cracker-Jack trick though: a grooved, plastic sheet
over a spliced image corresponding to the grooves. A person might be
able to make one themselves at home, provided one has the grooved,
plastic sheet :) I've got some liquid acrylic.... maybe I should try a
small experiment...

> It's funny how the depth information in your image is somehow reversed, when
> I look at it 2d versus 3d.

Have you tried diverging your eyes to it yet? That really screws it up!

-Sam