POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 27 Jul 2004 21:52:32
Message: <410706e0$1@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> >      Bingo! I've been in many woods/forests like this in the UK, and
> > they seem/ed darker than this image. Bright 'sunbeams' through the
> > canopy may be the answer. Just a thought.
>

> I tried that, but in this image it seems to be incredibily slow.
> I will add more density to the forest.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about modifying the density.  In northern boreal
forests, the tree density can often be fairly light while still producing a
lot of ferns.  I don't have any pictures of the area where I hunt (in
northern Michigan), but there are ferns everywhere, even - and especially -
in the open areas.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com