POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 Jul 2004 16:00:36
Message: <4106b464$1@news.povray.org>
William Pokorny wrote:

> I guess what doesn't look natural to me is simply that the environment
> overhead would not naturally support the ground cover we see. A much older,
> dense and mixed forrest perhaps would support the damp and lush ground
> cover we see and the fallen trees.

Really?  You believe that there is no possible combination of natural
factors which affect top cover could ever possibly result in a localized
stand such as this?  Soil makeup, mudslides, underground streams,
windstorms, rainfall, flood, climate, season, light exposure, fire,
pest, disease, plant interaction,...maybe because I am no naturalist,
nature seems to allow more possibilities than I can usually account for.
  I agree that with that much apparent light exposure it would likely
not be so completely bereft of scrub or variety in tree size anywhere in
the camera's view.  But while the relative openess and reduced range of
species seems unusual to me, it does not seem impossible.